A cookie is a small piece of data, which is stored on your device (eg. computer or mobile device).
- collect anonymous data on how visitors use our website
- allow targeted advertising on other websites
We don’t store any information that would identify you personally in the cookies we create, but we do look at trends and patterns to try to improve your experience of using our website.
You don’t have to do anything to accept cookies set by Practical Action: by continuing to use this site you are giving your consent to receive them. If you do want to block cookies, you need to do this by changing the settings in your browser to reject them from this site.
Read more on how to manage cookies
Cookies that we use
Here are a list of the cookies that we use and what we use them for. In common with many sites, we have classified them as:
- necessary – cookies required to enable key functions on our site such as Practical Answers registration and download
- performance – used to enhance site performance. These cookies don’t collect information that identify a user. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- functionality – used for particular site functions that are not essential to using this site
- advertising – used to place Practical Action advertising on third-party sites
Session cookies are placed on your device for the duration of your browsing session, and are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain for a certain number of days or months.
What it’s used for
Type of cookies
|__utmz, __utma, __utmb, __utmc||These cookies are set by Google Analytics to allow us to monitor traffic||performance – collects anonymous information on pages visited||persistent – 182 days|
|CakeCookie[Comments][Node]||This cookie records user preferences for the display of comment threads.||functionality – remembers choices you make to improve your experience||persistent – 14 days|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is set by our Nepali dairy portal to serve information on dairy products in Nepal||functionality – remembers choices you make to improve your experience||session|
|PHPSESSION||This cookie is set by our Schools resource database, to display resources based on your filters||functionality – remembers choices you make to improve your experience||session|
This is a list of cookies set by our core site, practicalaction.org. Other websites, such as social media sites, may also set cookies if you click on links to their site